Directcom Support Forums

support.directcom.com
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Internet Speed
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 pm 

Hey my speed keeps fluctuating alot! Why is it that it won't go above 10mb, EVER. I pay for 14mb and I don't think my internet has ever gone that fast. I really don't want to have to talk to anyone in tech support to get this fixed. I would rather the company be honest enough to give me what I pay for. Quit throttling me below what I'm supposed to be getting. I'm tired of waiting for Netflix to buffer in the middle of watching a movie or for downloads to take 2 to 3 times longer than it should. :evil:

Post subject: Re: Internet Speed
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm 

lpetersen30 wrote:
Hey my speed keeps fluctuating alot! Why is it that it won't go above 10mb, EVER. I pay for 14mb and I don't think my internet has ever gone that fast. I really don't want to have to talk to anyone in tech support to get this fixed. I would rather the company be honest enough to give me what I pay for. Quit throttling me below what I'm supposed to be getting. I'm tired of waiting for Netflix to buffer in the middle of watching a movie or for downloads to take 2 to 3 times longer than it should. :evil:

Hey lpetersen30,
I apologize for the slow speeds you are experiencing. I assure you we are not throttling you below 14MB, I just verified. I have identified the issue and would like to schedule an appointment for a Field Technician to come out tomorrow. I will try and contact you at the numbers we have listed on your account. If my attempts at communication fail, please PM me a contact number to ensure your issue is taken care of.
Thanks,
-Justin P.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm 

Well, You had gotten ahold of my husband yesterday and scheduled for someone to come over today at 1:00, which was a NO show. NO call, NO show, NO nothing. What a waste of my time! So furious at the company right now. Seriously thinking of just dropping your services and going else where! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm 

lpetersen30 wrote:
Well, You had gotten ahold of my husband yesterday and scheduled for someone to come over today at 1:00, which was a NO show. NO call, NO show, NO nothing. What a waste of my time! So furious at the company right now. Seriously thinking of just dropping your services and going else where! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Hi lpetersen30,
I looked at your connection again and see that the issue I sent a Field Technician to your house for is resolved. We are expanding our support staff and I apologize if that increased the resolution time for you.

If you have any issues in the future, don't hesitate, let us know.

Thanks,
-Justin P.