Directcom Support Forums

support.directcom.com
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm 

Hello,

I'm concerned and pretty disappointed with the internet speeds I have been receiving since hooking up to service less then a month ago. I rarely see speeds over about 5 mbps when I'm paying for 20 mbps. I do see that the modem is trained up at about 25 mbps but I'm assuming this is the speed back to your central office. My concern is that your upstream provider is not capable of supplying the bandwidth to the outside world for all of your users. Please let me know what can be done to improve the speeds I am seeing. I am not a novice computer user as I have worked in the technical industry for over 12 years and 8 of those years were working for a independent telecommunications company in Idaho. In fact the company I worked for works closely with your main office in Rockland, Idaho and I know several of the people that work there. I like to support independent companies but it is hard to argue why they are better if I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Thank You

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm 

bsufan4life wrote:
Hello,

I'm concerned and pretty disappointed with the internet speeds I have been receiving since hooking up to service less then a month ago. I rarely see speeds over about 5 mbps when I'm paying for 20 mbps. I do see that the modem is trained up at about 25 mbps but I'm assuming this is the speed back to your central office. My concern is that your upstream provider is not capable of supplying the bandwidth to the outside world for all of your users. Please let me know what can be done to improve the speeds I am seeing. I am not a novice computer user as I have worked in the technical industry for over 12 years and 8 of those years were working for a independent telecommunications company in Idaho. In fact the company I worked for works closely with your main office in Rockland, Idaho and I know several of the people that work there. I like to support independent companies but it is hard to argue why they are better if I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Thank You

Hi bsufan4life,
I apologize for your slow speed issues. I looked into your issue and just like you saw, the modem sync rates are at an excellent level. I assure you that issues with our backbone provider have been addressed and customers are no longer effected. So your issue seems to be isolated at this point.

Background:
Can you tell me about your network?
What site are you testing at?
Are you testing on a wifi computer or a hard-wired computer?
Laptop or Desktop?
Are you running your speed tests while nothing else is passing data? (netflix in the background)
What firmware (Software) version does does your modem router combo list?

Please answer the above questions so I can assist you further,
Thanks,
-Justin P.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 pm 

Just checking in. I haven't heard back from you yet. I called and left a message on the phone number listed in the account and left a voice message.

Just wondering if your issue is resolved or if I can assist you further.

Thanks,
-Justin P.